All of the tours on this website include the USS Arizona Memorial Tour. Tours differ in departure location, vehicle type, and which other sites they visit. But every one includes the Arizona Memorial.
The Arizona Memorial Program consists of a 25 minute movie about the attack, a ride on the Navy shuttle boat to the USS Arizona Memorial, and time aboard the Memorial. This part of the tour is 75 minutes long.
USS Arizona Memorial Tours include free time at the Pearl Harbor Visitor’s Center, where you can browse the exhibits, shop in the bookstore, and walk the grounds.
What are Official USS Arizona Memorial Tours?
Pearl Harbor is a National Monument operated by the National Park in conjunction with the US Navy. Official USS Arizona Memorial Tours are operated with the authorization of the National Park. Each tour guide must pass a background check, each vehicle must be checked, companies must prove adequate insurance and licenses.
The US Navy operates the boat to the Memorial. The Navy also conducts background checks for tour drivers going on base.
Why You Should take Official USS Arizona Memorial Tours
- Vehicles and guides are allowed on the property. Unofficial tours drop guests off outside and they must walk.
- Vehicles are insured
- Authorized tours are operated by guides who are required to obtain medical clearances and undergo regular drug testing.
- Guides have been background checked and are legal to work in the US and drive commercially.
- The tour will not abandon you. It is common to see guests who did not take official tours waiting for a van that does not return, eventually paying extra for a taxi back.
- Only authorized tours can drive to Ford Island, where the Battleship Missouri, Pacific Aviation Museum and USS Oklahoma Memorial are located.