The Top 6 Oahu Tourist Spots
It is not easy to plan a vacation. You don't want to miss anything, but you don't want to over-schedule yourself. If you are traveling with family, then you want to make sure everyone gets to do what they want. We are here to help by providing you with the top 6 Oahu Tourist spots that you should see.
Maybe you have others on your list. Good. We believe in staying busy on holiday. You have to set priorities though. We feel that to say you've been to Oahu, you should visit these locations.
- Diamond Head - This is the most famous volcanic crater in the world. Get a closeup. Hike to the top. You can do it in about an hour. If you are super fit you can do it faster if there are not crowds in your way. It is best to take it slow and enjoy the walk to the top. For those who are not hikers, go to the diamond head lookout below for a great view of windsurfers.
- Pearl Harbor - Specifically the Arizona Memorial. There are many sites to see at Pearl Harbor including the Battleship Missouri, the Pacific Aviation Museum and the Bowfin Submarine Museum. They are all worth a visit. But if you are limited on time, make sure you visit the Arizona Memorial if nothing else.
- North Shore - The north shore is famous for its surfing beaches. They are the best in the world. You might recognize Waimea Bay, Sunset beach, Pipeline. In addition to these great beaches there is the laid back style of the North Shore that visitors. love.
- Polynesian Cultural Center - Known as PCC, this park is a favorite for many visitors. It is on the North Shore and has shows that you can't find elsewhere outside of the Pacific Islands. Some people don't like the crowds, the religious nature, or the commercialism, but it is something you should see.
- Pali Lookout - The pali lookout is a view that you will love. It also has fascinating historical significance. This is where Kamehameha the Great's army defeated the Oahu King to unite the islands. Be prepared for the strong winds coming up the cliffs of the Ko'olau Mountains.
- Hanauama Bay - This snorkeling bay is extremely popular and beautiful. Crowds of people visit this tourist spot daily. Even with the crowds, the snorkeling is superb. It is closed on Tuesdays.
How to See these Oahu Tourist Spots
You can see most of these Oahu tourist spots in one day, but not all. If you are limited in time you can see all of the sites except for the Polynesian Cultural Center on a Pearl Harbor & Oahu Island Tour. Then do a Luau at PCC on the following day.
Alternatively, you can take a Pearl Harbor & Polynesian Cultural Center Tour on one day and take a snorkeling tour of Hanauma Bay on another day.
If you have the time, it is best to make an entire day at Pearl Harbor, an entire day at PCC and another day around the island. Whatever you do, the important thing is that you visit these 6 Oahu Tourist spots.